Companies manage large amounts of information and processes, regardless of their size, where each day the volume of data and the complexity of processes they have to handle is greater than the last. Given this situation, business solutions that help this management process have increased, one of these solutions of which are based on ERP systems. An ERP (Enterprise Resourcing Planning) is a business management system that fully integrates a company’s operational and informational with other areas of the company. It automates business processes and controls and allocates resources that actually generate revenue for the business.
An ERP is a single system that allows all parts of the company to be interrelated in a natural way, avoiding re-capturing and re-processing of daily operations, eliminating unnecessary costs and achieving high levels of productivity. Organizations redirect their strategies when they realize that the greatest impact on planning is achieved when all business tools are integrated into a unified and harmonious manner. This helps to achieve important synergies and improves the effectiveness of the management.
An ERP offers multiple benefits, such as the following:
- Information in a single source of data, contemplating all the areas and processes of the company.
- Simplification of the flow of information between the different departments of the organization and the possibility of establishing controls and notifications in real time.
- More efficient operations are devised by eliminating various data, lowering the administrative burden of the company and obtaining cost savings.
- Rapid access to reliable, real-time information for decision making.
- Future planning of the business is also increased: production, purchases, payments, inventories, among other things.
- Financial statements are available online at any time.
- Access to best business practices through international ERP vendors.
- Customization and adaptation of the system according to the industry or size of the corporation.
- Quality in service and attention to customers.
- It helps to improve employee productivity by performing tasks that generate value.
- It helps companies grow fast and orderly.
How can an ERP help a company? By integrating all the areas and processes of the company, an ERP system becomes an important ally in the daily operation of the company, bringing with it important benefits and improvements that will help it achieve a higher level of efficiency and cost effectiveness.